Nigerian weddings can be Looooonnnngggg!!! You’ll know if you’ve attended one before. Our founder, Seyi was on Cool FM’s My Wedding Radio Show recently where she shared 8 tips to help you save time at your Nigerian wedding.
There are some segments at a Nigerian wedding that are more enjoyable and entertaining than others. At LoveWeddingsNG, we want to help ensure that you prioritize the enjoyable and entertaining moments that you as the couple and your guests really look forward to.
For those who prefer to read, here’s a list of all the tips Seyi shared;
- Make sure your venues for the ceremony and reception are close to each other so you and your guests don’t need to travel too far
- Have a schedule, write it down and stick to it
- Get a wedding planner; get a really really good wedding planner
- Take your portraits and important group photographs before the ceremony if possible.
- Re-arrange your wedding program to suit you. For example, if your first dance is what’s important to both of you, do that first as soon as you walk into the reception.
- Host your ceremony and reception at the same venue if possible so you and your guests don’t need to travel at all.
- For brides and grooms who want to change outfits, make sure you get a venue that has a changing room. Also ensure this room is big enough to house you and everyone else (makeup artist, hair stylist, etc.) who needs to help you get changed
- Rehearse if possible. It doesn’t have to be a formal rehearsal; however informal, it helps ensure everyone knows what they should be doing and when.