Today (the 10th of October 2020) is World Mental Health Day, a day aimed at raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of increased investment in mental health. This year’s theme is ‘Mental Health for all’ so we’ll be sharing 5 things you can do today to improve your mental health.
We believe this is even more important this year considering the effects COVID-19 has had on brides, grooms, wedding vendors, and the industry in general. These tips can be used by anyone – brides, grooms, families, guests, vendors, and anyone in the industry.
1. Take stock of how you really are doing: Answer the question ‘How are you doing?‘ sincerely and be open and honest with your answers. If it helps, vocalize your answer or write it down and really
2. Pause & take a break: It’s amazing what wonders a few hours or a day can do. If you feel stressed, under pressure, it’s always a good idea to take a break – you may need to put somethings in place before you do e.g. an out-of-office reply, or simply just letting people know so they’re aware that you need some time off.
3. Ask for help: Never feel like you have to do everything yourself, delegate where necessary. As a wedding vendor, you may need to delegate some tasks to an assistant; if you’re a bride or groom, don’t be afraid to delegate some tasks to your friends, family members, or your bridal party.
4. Treat yourself: From your favorite food to a tub of ice cream, a spa date, a bouquet of flowers, a movie or just listening to music, treating yourself is always rewarding and pleasurable. There are so many ways to treat yourself and it doesn’t have to involve spending anything at all.
5. Book a session with a counsellor: If you feel overwhelmed and need to see a counsellor. Do it! Counselling is so powerful and can transform your mental health.
Thanks for reading and let us know if you have any more tips in the comments.