Nigerian bride, Seun got married recently and she was styled by bridal styling company, The Melange Styling. We caught up with Esther from The Melange Styling to share all the details of Seun’s bridal looks. From the pre-wedding shoot, white wedding, and reception, Esther described styling Seun as the most seamless process she has ever gone through in her little time being a bridal stylist.
At our first consultation, I gathered that Seun had an image in her head of exactly what she wanted to look like. What she needed was someone to collaborate those looks together and make it stand out with class. Styling Seun was the most seamless process I’ve gone through in my little time as being a Bridal Stylist.
The great thing was we both shared the same idea which meant that we got tick off’s on most of our ideas with ease. I often let my brides know, simplicity is class and that it is okay to breathe and be seamless. There’s so much in the carriage of simplicity and that was the standard we were going for. From her pre-wedding looks, traditional wedding looks to her white wedding looks, Seun stunned in all outfits.
Seun is greatly inspired by 60s fashion and added to her classy pre-wedding look, we decided to throw in a touch of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly to her pre wedding looks style.
Then we moved to her Yoruba Traditional Look. We worked with 2 outfits for the traditional wedding which showed the rich exorbitant character she possesses in each of her outfit. She loved every bit of it.
Our vision board was literally brought to light by some of the best in the industry. I’ll have to say choosing the right designers for your wedding is very important.
The inspiration for her wedding dress was to look absolutely timeless and we tried not limit the look to a particular time or date. Thankful to Emagine by Bukola for bringing that vision to life. We then complimented her dress with a beautiful flower bouquet arrangement mixed with Lilies, roses, tulips and blue hydrangeas, this gave Seun her ‘Something Blue’ (which represents Purity, Love & Fidelity)
Asides from picking the right wedding dress. We had to go for the best kind of make up to suite her look, best type of hairstyle. We decided to go for only earrings as Seun’s ONLY accessories. We wanted her dress to make THE statement. Her entire looks in itself, was a breath of fresh air!
It’s safe to say, Seun slayed in all her looks effortlessly
Vendors & Credits
- Bride: @seun_sennaike
- Bridal Styling: @themelangestyling
- Planner: @lh_events
- Photography: @felixcrown @weddingsbyfelixcrown
- Creative Direction: @themelangestyling
- Videography: @thegalleryng
- First Trad Outfit: @betho.official
- Asooke: @bimmms24
- Lace fabric: @foradorafabrics
- Makeup Artist: @revysbeauty
- Gele Artist: @dbellezza_gele
- Earrings & Accessories: @accessorize_by_rea
- Shoes & Purse: @fusion_trendz
White Outfit Credits
- Bridal Robe: @emaginebybukola
- Wedding dress and veil: @emaginebybukola
- After party dress: @emaginebybukola
- Makeup Artist: @revysbeauty
- Hairstylist @adefunkeee
- Hair extensions: @lolaexpresshair
- Earrings: @bhe_accessories
- Wedding shoes @aminamuaddiofficial
- Reception shoes @badgleymischka
- Wedding accessories: @bhe_accessories
- Reception accessories: @bhe_accessories @sterlinglamsofficial
- Bouquet: @flowerplus