When most Nigerians think of where to go on their honeymoon, its usually somewhere abroad. The Maldives, Zanzibar, Dubai, Seychelles, etc are popular honeymoon destinations. Not many people consider honeymooning in a place like Lagos with the hustle and bustle.
We read this article on one of our favorite Nigerian travel blogs – Naija Nomads and we knew we had to share. The article shows how much fun Lagos can be if you know where to go. We’ve tweaked it a little to make it more relevant to our readers because we’re starting a movement to encourage more couples to consider choosing Lagos as their honeymoon destination.
1. Secret Cinema: Secret Cinema Lagos is an outdoor cinema company that organises MovieNics (Movies + Picnics) in various locations around Lagos for N1,000. All you need to bring is a bottle, food and a blanket! This is definitely a fun alternative to going to a regular cinema. You can get in touch with Secret Cinema Lagos on Instagram – @secretcinemalagos or on mobile number (+234) 07069117347.
2. Social Painting: This requires no artistic skill or creativity as there is an instructor to guide you every step of the way. It’s a perfect way to relax; two companies offer this service at the moment – Paint The Night Africa (+2348181377439) and Cocktails and Craft Nigeria (+2348128687297).
3. Roller Skating: The D-cube roller skating rink is located at the Funderland Mall, 16-18, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. For a fee, you can use their facilities; the fee covers skate rentals, skate mate, instructions and some protective gear.
4. Kayaking: Kayaking in Lagos is relatively new and everyone seems to have caught the bug. It’s really refreshing and your upper body is in for a work out. Book a session by sending a mail to email@example.com.
5. Scuba Diving: Scuba Lagos got registered an official PADI Dive Resort on the 10th of August, 2016. It’s the first dive resort in Nigeria and they take diving lessons. If interested, check out their website – www.scubalagos.com or get in touch by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Surfing: Godspower is a man with big dreams and has opened up a surfing school for people interested in learning how to surf. He offers surfing classes at Takwa bay for N7,000 and you can get in touch on Instagram – @gpsurfing or by calling +2347065825570.
7. Fishing trip: Fishing requires great patience and if you do not have this virtue then it’s best not to try. The big fishing game Lagos will take you to the south of Lagos, maximum 20 miles off shore, for a full day of fishing adventure. The adventure includes fishing rods and bait, lunch and refreshments and room for a maximum of 4 riders. For more information, contact Captain Fabio Beccarelli by sending a mail to email@example.com
8. Visit the aquarium: The aquarium gallery at Olosa street in Victoria island is the perfect place for lovers of sea life. The aquarium houses various type of fishes, birds and turtles.
9. Spend the night in a cabin: Mofe of Naija Nomads discovered this cabin on her last trip to Takwa bay. If you are looking for an outdoor experience, this is definitely the perfect place for you.
10. Hotels/Resorts: There are a number of resorts, hotels and guest houses in Lagos to suit your budget. From the luxurious Eko Hotel & Suites, resorts like La Campagne Tropicana to budget friendly hotels like Maison Farenhiet and other boutique hotels, you’re sure to find a place.
Let us know in the comment section below if there are any other activities you’ll recommend for newly weds planning to spend their honeymoon in Lagos.
Credits: Article originally posted on Naija Nomads