Fatou and Obinna Ifedi (#FOBI17) got married on Saturday, the 22nd of April, 2017 at the Havilah Event Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos. Their ‘gold and wine’ themed wedding was planned and co-ordinated by 2706 Events. The couple had a low-key family traditional wedding in Gambia on the 7th of March, 2017 which was a low-key family affair.
Read their story and view pictures from their pre-wedding shoot and white wedding below;
The #FOBI17 Story
Obi studied at University of Manchester while I was in Manchester metropolitan. We first met at a friend’s birthday party and we got introduced by a mutual friend. It was love at first sight for Obi, but I gave him the run around for a couple of months, lol. One day, I decided to accept his overdue dinner invitation and we had many more dates after that. I got to know him better as a respectful, caring, loving and most of all very intelligent man. He has everything I was looking for in a guy.
The location, the atmosphere, the ring!
Obi is a private guy and never wants to make a big fuss. He proposed at home, just the two of us over a nice candle light dinner. He dropped down on one knee and popped the question. I did not hesitate because I knew I was the one.
Advice to other Couples
- Remember no wedding is perfect, there is always going to be some glitches here and there but keep calm and find solutions, not blames.
- Enjoy your day and try not to stress because it goes so fast.
- Planner: 2706 Events | Instagram
- Photography (Pre-wedding): Jide Akinyemi Photography
- Photography (Wedding): Atilary Studios
- Videography (Wedding): Stormblastmedia
- Bride’s makeup: Faces by Labisi
- Bride’s hair: Hair by Sleame
- Bride’s bouquet: Adelas Haven
- Bridesmaids dresses: Maison de helen
- Cake: Helado Delicia
- Special Effects: Innovative Media
- MC: GrandKomanda