Renowned photographer, Shola Ajisegbede a.k.a. Sniper Ajix came together with some creative minds to create a timeless masterpiece. According to him, he wanted to re-enact an iconic Nigerian fashion cover and who better to fit this profile than Deola Sagoe who covered an edition of Genevieve magazine to celebrate her 25th anniversary. He added;
My love for magazines and love for good looking images fuelled my passion for going deep with photography. I have always wanted to redo a magazine cover.
The idea was to study the cover star and recreate the cover and interprete it in our own way. For this particular project, the fantastic Deola Sagoe on the cover of the iconic June 2013 Genevieve Magazine cover seriously caught our attention. I guess this cover can and will still stand the test of time.
- Photographer: Shola Ajisegbede of Sniper Ajix Photography | Website | Instagram
- Styling and direction: Maryanne Alabi
- Make up: Ngozi Onyenekwu
- Hair: Tony Aigbogun
- Model: Joyce Ngozi Chidebe
- Cinematography: Adeola Fadola
- Black dress: Isi Atagamen
- Jacket & Sequin dress: Accostcollection by Kie Kie
- Adire pants: Mayreejay
- Aso oke headwrap: Bisbod Asooke
- Location: Insigna Media Studio