Yayyy!!! Another wedding feature
Meet Uyi & Joel… The couple shared their story and pictures from their pre-wedding shoot and traditional wedding, which held on the 3rd of January, 2015 in Benin city, with us. We love the bride’s outfits. She wore 3 stunning outfits. Check them out below. Enjoy!!
How They Met
Joel and I were introduced through his cousin who is a close family friend of mines in Texas; when I needed someone to show me around in Abuja on one of my visits to Nigeria. We became acquainted and inseparable ever since we set our eyes on each other. It was indeed a divine encounter orchestrated by the Almighty God.
The proposal was a surprise and came so fast being that we had only been dating for a year. It took place during a vacation trip to Dubai in 2014. Joel proposed to me in our hotel room right before we went out for dinner. He got down on his knees and told me how much he loved me and wants me to be his wife. I was so happy and could not stop smiling because one of my dreams was happening right before me. Joel proposed with a beautiful princess cut diamond ring fit for his queen as he calls me…..lol! It was just a special moment only the two of us shared.
Our traditional Wedding took place on January 3, 2015 in Benin City, Edo State. Bride price ceremony was held at the bride’s family residence and reception followed at Bestwestern Homeville Hotel. The traditional wedding was colorful and vibrant with pink, turquoise and silver being the colors of the day. We went for a modern, classy theme but yet kept the traditional touch as we had Inneh Theatre Groupe entertain our guests with their unique voice and dance steps. DJ Spice also didn’t miss a beat with keeping the guests on the dance floor. It was a day filled with joy, laughter and happiness. Like my new favorite song, ‘Godwin’ because he (God) took complete control of our wedding day. Our advice to newly engaged couples would be to keep God first in everything you do, because he will not only bless your wedding day but your marriage and household too.
Watch the video below;
Traditional Wedding – Pictures
- Makeup: BeautyMatterz (Osamu) | 08023412300
- Photography: SC George | 07057267838 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videography: Ejiro Onobrakpor | email@example.com
- Caterer (Small chops & Main dinner): Osapakwem Catering Service | +234 803 548 4248
- Planner & Decor: Gee Works & Decor | +234 803 726 5912
- Hair Stylist & beads: D Beauty Lounge 2- Okuku | 08156933906
- Cake: Cakes by Ashma | +2349051293339
- Couple & parents Aso Oke Attire: RackandRadiantBeads | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cocktails: Dunamis Steve Cocktail Service | +234 803 370 8207
- DJ: DJ Spice
- MC: MC Patriot
We love weddings, do you? Get in touch today