Today we have a love story all the way from Ghana. Photographer, Adonai of Adonai Studios and style blogger, Nana are getting married. The couple shared their love story and photos from their pre-wedding shoot with us.
We met in 2014 at the University of Cape Coast Campus in my fourth year and his service year. We first saw each other when a classmate asked me to star in a a skit he was working on at the time. He also happened to ask Nana to come take a few shots of our rehearsals one day. Prior to that, I had heard his brand name “Adonai Photos” then on campus a couple of times but I didn’t have a name to the face.
During the rehearsal, my classmate mentioned “Adonai” and I turned sharply to face him and I asked “ah you’re the Adonai?” He said yes and that was the end. I remember glancing over at him and thinking, Oh, wow! he’s cute. That thought evaporated immediately though when he reviewed my performance and told me that I suck. lol
Over the next few months, we went via series of knowing and unknowing each other, until the following year April, I called him one afternoon on my way back from a bank close to his hall.
The rest, as they say, is history. We spent any and every available time we had together – whether online or in person. We became practically inseparable and by the time I graduated and moved to Accra, we knew we had something special and were both in it for the long haul.
Years later, post everything life threw at us, (which we handled like bosses BTW), we now find ourselves both happily and eagerly planning our wedding. We could not be more excited to celebrate the next step in our journey with each of you, who have played (and will continue to play) such an important part in our adventure!
So bring your dancing shoes and get ready to party, we can’t wait to celebrate with you!
What to expect when a photographer marries a style blogger? Issa #NanaNana2k19
- Photography: Adonai Studios | Ghog | Pixah Photo | Solmac Studios
- Videography: Adonai Studios
- Decor & Planning: Eventellz
- MC: MC Manuel
- Coordination: Sprout Affair
- Bride & Maid of Honour’s makeup & nails: Da Therapizt
- Bridesmaids makeup: Maame Esi Duku & Xcel Beauty Parlour
- Wedding gown & Kente gown: Avonsige
- Kente: Merslys Afrik GH
- Bridesmaids traditional outfits: House of Pearl
- Bride’s reception dress: Kodj Koutre & Kokastyle GH
- Bride & groom’s thanksgiving outfits: Kokastyle GH
- Groom’s agbada & groomsmen’s traditional outfits: Rags of Glory
- Bride’s Bouquet & Bridal hand fan: Zeediva Signet
- Bridesmaids bouquet: Premier Bouquets GH
- Bride and bridesmaids hairstyling: Hair Guru Studio
- Hair fixing: Beauty Faculty
- Traditional packaging & Souvenir wrapping: Silver Thread Events
- Bridal robe: Mel Ruches GH
- Flip flop print: Magic Hands Ghana
- Bridesmaids morning dress: Kodj Koutre
- Food: EKitchen Pot
- Cake: The Bakers Bar GH
- DJ: DJ Kessy Jay
- Cocktails: The Shane Bar
- Rings: Morgan Touch
- Fascinators: Degem GH
- Ushers & Dowry carriage: Nakordy Officials
- Local Bar: Bev GH
- Groomsmen suits: Suitup GH
- Balloon decor: Decor Rack Balloons