Beach prewedding shoots have been popular for a really long time because they are simply amazing. The ambiance, cool breeze, the waves provide the perfect scenery for an adventurous, intimate, or romantic shoot depending on what vibe the couple and photographer choose to go for. In Nigeria, you will find beaches in states like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, etc. mainly in the Western and Southern regions of the country due to their geographical location. The continent of Africa is blessed with beautiful beaches; you’ll find many in countries like Kenya, South Africa, Seychelles, Zanzibar, and so many others.
If you are thinking of having a beach prewedding shoot, here are some things to consider.
- Cost & Permits: Some beaches come at a cost and might require you to get a permit before shooting your photos so make sure you do your research and make sure you know what’s required before the day.
- Your photographer: You want to make sure you get a professional photographer of your choice to shoot you and your lover. To make the most of a beach location, professional skills and equipment such as wide lenses, microphones (for videos) will come in handy if you want to get high-quality photos and videos on the day.
- Styling: A wardrobe/glam team would be great to help you sort out your desired outfits and essentials for the shoot.
- The weather: Most importantly, check the weather especially if you’re trying to go for a certain look and feel. Whilst there’s plenty of water at the beach, any more water (rain) might ruin your plans.
- Sunrise & Sunset: Some couples prefer to shoot against the sunset for example, and for this, you’ll need to have an idea of timings for when the sun sets and rises. The timings will vary depending on which timezone you are in, seasons, etc so it’s important to check.
We’ve pulled together 20 photo ideas to inspire you so check them out below.